30-day Cybersecurity Challenge: Week 2 Recap
The 30-day security challenge was developed by Shannon Morse of Hak5 acclaim. It’s a comprehensive overview of basic cybersecurity hygiene for the average person. This class serves as a ‘support group’ for anyone that wants to take the security challenge. We have weekly touchpoints on Mondays and interactive walkthroughs on Saturdays.
The bulk of the session will be discussing issues that people experienced applying the principles from week two. We will also discuss the topics of this week’s challenges:
- Important topics from the online forum
- An overview of VPNs
- Friend list etiquette, third party apps and permissions
- Privacy controls on: Twitter, Snapchat, Youtube, Google, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and others
- A useful site called ‘Have I Been Pwned’
- Email Privacy and Security
For more information on what this course will cover, follow this link to view the Syllabus.
- Watch the videos for Day 17, Day 18, Day 19, Day 20, Day 21, and Day 22.
- This class will be held online via Zoom. After signing up, you will receive a personalized Zoom invite via email.
- The class works best with interactive student participation - please attend the Zoom session with a Microphone and Webcam enabled.
- This class is part ofthe 30 day security challenge series. You can take courses individually, however we highly suggest to attend all sessions in order if possible.
- Consider joining the Discord channel for the 30-Day Cybersecurity Challenge here.