30-day Cybersecurity Challenge: Week 3 Recap
The 30-day security challenge was developed by Shannon Morse of Hak5 acclaim. It’s a comprehensive overview of basic cybersecurity hygiene for the average person. This class serves as a ‘support group’ for anyone that wants to take the security challenge. We have weekly touchpoints on Mondays and interactive walkthroughs on Saturdays.
The bulk of the session will be discussing issues that people experienced applying the principles from week three. We will also discuss the topics of this week’s challenges:
- Pretty Good Privacy (PGP)
- Social engineering concepts
- Credit card security
- Public databases, your privacy, and the law
- Consumer devices and their radio frequencies
- Browser and Operating System (OS) privacy settings on both Windows 10 and Mac OS X
- 30-day Challenge wrap up and next steps
For more information on what this course will cover, follow this link to view the Syllabus.
- Watch the videos for Day 23, Day 24, Day 25, Day 26, Day 28 Day 29, and Day 30.
- This class will be held online via Zoom. After signing up, you will receive a personalized Zoom invite via email.
- The class works best with interactive student participation - please attend the Zoom session with a Microphone and Webcam enabled.
- This class is part ofthe 30 day security challenge series. You can take courses individually, however we highly suggest to attend all sessions in order if possible.
- Consider joining the Discord channel for the 30-Day Cybersecurity Challenge here.