30-day Cybersecurity Weekend Workshop: Properly opting-out of public databases
The 30-day security challenge was developed by Shannon Morse of Hak5 acclaim. It’s a comprehensive overview of basic cybersecurity hygiene for the average person. This class serves as a ‘support group’ for anyone that wants to take the security challenge. We have weekly touchpoints on Mondays and interactive walkthroughs on Saturdays. Today’s topic is securing your home wifi configuration.
In the class, we will discuss:
- The ecosystem of public databases (e.g. Spokeo, Truth Finder, etc…)
- The laws that govern your personal/private data
- How do find your personal information online, i.e. Googling yourself
- Prerequisites for getting started
- Tracking your progress
For more information on what this course will cover, follow this link to view the Syllabus.
- Please watch this video before the session.
- This class will be held online via Zoom. After signing up, you will receive a personalized Zoom invite via email.
- The class works best with interactive student participation - please attend the Zoom session with a Microphone and Webcam enabled.
- This class is part ofthe 30 day security challenge series. You can take courses individually, however we highly suggest to attend all sessions in order if possible.
- Consider joining the Discord channel for the 30-Day Cybersecurity Challenge here.