What You'll Learn
This class is a hands-on introduction to IoT using the ESP8266 on a NodeMCU board. The ESP8266 has become ubiquitous in the world of DiY IoT as it is programmable via the Arduino IDE.
Upon completion, the students will have a fully programmed ESP8266 module and a web-linked Blynk* app with custom GUI to interact with the ESP8266 in several different ways, including sending an email (or tweet) when certain events happen.
- ESP8266 automatic login to WiFi
- Light an LED using a Blynk pushbutton widget
- Move a servo using a Blynk slider widget
- Display the potentiometer value using a Blynk gauge widget
- Notify the user with a Blynk widget when a human is sensed by the PIR sensor
- Send an email (or a tweet) when the pushbutton is pressed
- Simple Circuits
Please BRING YOUR OWN LAPTOP preferably with the Arduino IDE pre-installed.
No experience neccesary, however familiarity with Arduino and/or programming in general will help you get more out of the class.
This class is a perfectly fine start for the motivated beginner.