Woodshop - Part 1 - SACWOD001
This Woodshop class is a two hour safety and tool use class designed to get you up to speed on Hacker Lab's woodworking tools. It is not intended to be an advanced woodworking or project class.
We will first cover the basics in the classroom focusing on safety and accuracy. Then you will be hands on working directly with the various saws and tools, including the SawStop table saw and the 10in Miter Saw.
- Starts with a safety orientation and introduction to safety features of the tools available.
- Hands-on time with each of the major tools in the wood shop
- Participants will learn how to make accurate cuts in wood using the Hacker Lab Table, & Compound Miter Saws
- Participants will know how to inspect a saw for defects, how to safely change blades, how to adjust the saw to maximize cutting accuracy, and will see demonstrations of safest methods for making cuts in wood using the Hacker Lab saws.
- SawStop Cabinet Tablesaw
- Compound Miter Saw
- Drill Press - Rockwell Delta 15-251
Please make sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early and sign our general release of liability agreement. Classes with 2 or fewer students signed up may be cancelled and students asked to re-enroll in the next class.
This class is part of our Makerspace Training and is a required class for anyone wishing to use the woodshop power tools at the Sacramento Hacker Lab.