Entrepreneurship 100: The Essentials
This workshop covers the foundations of entrepreneurship including types of business ventures, business structures, licenses and regulations, what it takes to legally start selling, co-founders and employees agreements, how to choose your business structure ( sole proprietorship, LLC, corporation, nonprofit ). Students will leave with a simple checklist of the essential steps to get started on their path.
What to Expect:The class will be held live on zoom conferencing. We will progress through the lesson plan at an adaptive pace depending on the needs of the students.
Students will be encouraged to participate in the lesson by asking questions and engaging in discussion. There may be parts of the presenation that are interactive for the student to follow along.
After the class students will receive takeaway assignment to help them further explore the topics, and will be ablt to view a recording of the session.
If students have trouble with the course material or setting up their workstation they can sign up for any of the office hours sections listed <HERE>.
Important Information:This class is part of the series Entrepreneurship: How to Start a Business. Students are guided through the Lean Startup Framework which will support their quest in discovering a viable business model.
It is strongly suggested that students take the entire course sequentially, however taking just the classes of interest to the students is permitted.
Classes will be held via Zoom. Students who sign up will need to have:
- An email address where they can receive and respond to email
- A computer (laptop, chromebook, or desktop) with an internet connection
- A microphone and speaker or headphones for communicating with the instructor during sessions
- (preferable) a webcam
- (preferable) to have installed the Zoom software application on their laptop or desktop prior to the course
- Other free accounts for web-based software may be necessary