30-day Cybersecurity Challenge: Kick off
The 30-day security challenge was developed by Shannon Morse of Hak5 acclaim. It’s a comprehensive overview of basic cybersecurity hygiene for the average person. This class is going to serve as a ‘support group’ for anyone that wants to take the security challenge. We have weekly touchpoints on Mondays and interactive walkthroughs on Saturdays.
In the class, we will discuss:
- an overview of the program
- why you should delete old accounts and ‘wipe’ your devices
- secure and insecure wifi network configurations
- what is the Internet of Things (IoT) and what are the risks
- different wireless protocols and their risks
- basic protections on your home computer
For more information on what this course will cover, follow this link to view the Syllabus.
- Watch the videos for Day 1, Day 2, and Day 5.
- This class will be held online via Zoom. After signing up, you will receive a personalized Zoom invite via email.
- The class works best with interactive student participation - please attend the Zoom session with a Microphone and Webcam enabled.
- This class is part ofthe 30 day security challenge series. You can take courses individually, however we highly suggest to attend all sessions in order if possible.
- Consider joining the Discord channel for the 30-Day Cybersecurity Challenge here.