CANCELLED: 1on1 w/John - Shopbot
Schedule your 1-on-1 session to get a personal walkthrough of the Shopbot CNC at Hacker Lab.
New in May: Double Trouble Twosome-Tickets! We've added tickets for twosomes! Parent + child (15yo+), partners, couples, or BFFs that just live together. Sign up for a Twosome-Ticket if you and someone in your bubble want to take the class together. Please, no unaccompanied minors.
This class is an intensive preparation for Hacker Lab members wishing to use the ShopBot (CNC router) and for non-members who wish to learn more about ShopBot.
- Various bits available and their use
- Basic cutting & engraving
- Setup & settings required for the ShopBot
- Basic software tool chain for creating and running a tool path
- Shopbot PRS Alpha CNC Router
- Please make sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early and sign our general release of liability agreement.
- While we have some PPE available, you MUST bring your own mask (N95 or greater), and we suggest you bring your own safety glasses. Masks must be worn correctly while inside the facility.
- Please wear shop-appropriate clothing: long pants, close-toed shoes, no loose or dangling jewelry, and tie back long hair. What you wear will likely get dirty.
- Do not come into the Lab if you have a cough, fever, or feel sick in the past 14 days.
- Please be aware: due to the nature of the 1-on-1 sessions, we have a 48 hour cut-off for scheduling - you must schedule your session at least 48 hours ahead of the session. Our normal cancellation policy of 48 hours advanced notice also applies.