CANCELLED: Intro to Shopbot
This class is an intensive preparation for Hacker Lab members wishing to use the ShopBot (CNC router) and for non-members who wish to learn more about ShopBot.
This session is a small group session with space for up to 3 students, and will be fast-paced. If you are completely new to woodworking, CAM, or just want more personalized attention, consider taking our 1-on-1 shopbot session instead.
- Various bits available and their use
- Basic cutting & engraving
- Setup & settings required for the ShopBot
- Basic software tool chain for creating and running a tool path
- Shopbot PRS Alpha CNC Router
For all Classes:
- Please make sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early and sign our general release of liability agreement.
- While we have some PPE available, you MUST bring your own mask (N95 or greater), and we suggest you bring your own safety glasses. While vaccinated individuals may enter Hacker Lab maskless, attendees are required to wear a mask during their class.
- Please wear shop-appropriate clothing: long pants, close-toed shoes, no loose or dangling jewelry, and tie back long hair. What you wear will likely get dirty.
- Do not come into the Lab if you have a cough, fever, or feel sick in the past 14 days.