Woodshop Part 2
This is Part 2 for people wanting to learn to use the power tools in the Woodshop at the Sacramento Hacker Lab. It is not intended to be an advanced woodworking or project class.
Intro to Woodshop, Part 2, is a two hour safety and tool use class designed to get you up to speed quickly. We will first cover the basics in the classroom focusing on safety and accuracy. Then you will be hands on working directly with the various saws and tools, including the Bandsaw, Joiner/Planer, Thickness Planer, and Circular Saws.
This class is held as a group with up to 3 attendees - If you are completely new to powertools or just want a more personal experience, consider taking our One-on-One classes instead.
- Starts with a safety orientation and introduction to safety features of the tools available.
- Then participants will get down to using each of the tools in the wood shop.
- Use and safe operation of the Bandsaw, Joiner/Planer, Thickness Planer, and Circular Saws.
- Participants will know how to inspect a tool for defects, how to safely change blades, how to adjust the saw to maximize cutting accuracy, and will see demonstrations of safest methods for using Hacker Lab's woodworking equipment.
- Bandsaw - Grizzly Delux 14" Upright
- Thickness Planer - 13"
- Circular Saws
- Please make sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early and sign our general release of liability agreement.
- While we have some PPE available, you MUST bring your own mask (N95 or greater), and we suggest you bring your own safety glasses. While vaccinated individuals may enter Hacker Lab maskless, attendees are required to wear a mask during their class.
- Please wear shop-appropriate clothing: long pants, close-toed shoes, no loose or dangling jewelry, and tie back long hair.
- Do not come into the Lab if you have a cough, fever, or feel sick in the past 14 days.