Woodshop Part 1
This Woodshop class is a two hour safety and tool use class designed to get you up to speed on Hacker Lab's woodworking tools. It is not intended to be an advanced woodworking or project class.
We will first cover the basics in the classroom focusing on safety and accuracy. Then you will be hands on working directly with the various saws and tools, including the SawStop table saw and the 10in Miter Saw.
This class is held as a group with up to 3 attendees - If you are completely new to powertools or just want a more personal experience, consider taking our One-on-One classes instead.
- Starts with a safety orientation and introduction to safety features of the tools available.
- Hands-on time with each of the major tools in the wood shop
- Participants will learn how to make accurate cuts in wood using the Hacker Lab Table, & Compound Miter Saws
- Participants will know how to inspect a saw for defects, how to safely change blades, how to adjust the saw to maximize cutting accuracy, and will see demonstrations of safest methods for making cuts in wood using the Hacker Lab saws.
- SawStop Cabinet Tablesaw
- Compound Miter Saw
- Drill Press - Rockwell Delta 15-251
- Please make sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early and sign our general release of liability agreement.
- While we have some PPE available, you MUST bring your own mask (N95 or greater), and we suggest you bring your own safety glasses. While vaccinated individuals may enter Hacker Lab maskless, attendees are required to wear a mask during their class.
- Please wear shop-appropriate clothing: long pants, close-toed shoes, no loose or dangling jewelry, and tie back long hair.
- Do not come into the Lab if you have a cough, fever, or feel sick in the past 14 days.