Beginning TIG Welding
Intro to TIG Welding
|Member Twosome Ticket||$125|
|Non-Member Twosome Ticket:||$160|
Take this class to learn what a TIG welding machine is and how to use one. This intro class will cover basic techniques of TIG welding through demonstration and hands-on welding experience.
We will discuss welding safety, and some basics about what TIG welding is and how it is used in industry.
Students will finish the class with an understanding of the components, adjustments of a TIG welder, experience welding mild steel, and for members, be certified to use Hacker Lab's TIG welder for their personal projects.
Important: You must complete Intro to Metalshop and Intro to MIG welding prior to taking this class.
- Explanation of a TIG welder and how to adjust and operate the unit.
- Demonstration on how to sharpen and install tungsten rod.
- Demonstration on how to form and maintain a weld puddle.
- Demonstration on how to add filler metal to a weld puddle.
- Demonstration on how to connect to pieces of metal together.
- Each of these demonstrations will have a hands-on experience portion for students.
- All tools and materials will be provided for this class.
- Wear 100% cotton pants and a long sleeve 100% cotton shirt. Closed toe shoes or leather boots are ideal. Don’t wear anything that you don’t mind getting dirty and possibly burnt. Bring safety glasses, leather gloves, welding helmet and welding jacket if you have them.
- You must complete Intro to Metalshop and Intro to MIG welding prior to taking this class.
- Please make sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early and sign our general release of liability agreement.
- Do not come into the Lab if you have a cough, fever, or feel sick in the past 14 days.
Please review Hacker Lab's current Covid restrictions by clicking here.