Intro to MIG Welding
Take this class to learn what a MIG welding machine is and how to use one. This great intro class will cover techniques, welding safety and some basics on how MIG welding is applied in industry.
This class serves as the certification course for Hacker Lab member's who would like to use our MIG Welders for their own projects, and is a pre-requisite for TIG Welding.
Please note: Intro to Metal Fabricition is a pre-requisite for this class.
Please note: this is a small group class and there may be up to 4 attendees in addition to the instructor. If you would like a more personalized experience, consider taking a 1-on-1 class with Shane instead!
- Welding safety overview.
- Explanation of components and adjustments of our Hobart 180 MIG welder, and overview of our Lincoln MIG welder.
- Demonstration and practice of a proper weld puddle.
- Demonstration and practice of welding two pieces of steel together.
- Hobart MIG Welding Machine
- Lincoln MIG Welding Machine
- Please make sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early and sign our general release of liability agreement.
- While we have some PPE available, you MUST bring your own mask (N95 or greater), and we suggest you bring your own safety glasses. Masks must be worn correctly while inside the facility.
- Please wear shop-appropriate clothing: long pants, close-toed shoes, no loose or dangling jewelry, and tie back long hair.
- Do not come into the Lab if you have a cough, fever, or feel sick in the past 14 days.
- You must take intro to Metal fabrication prior to MIG welding.