Woodshop - Part 2 - SACWOD002
This is Part 2 for people wanting to learn to use the power tools in the Woodshop at the Scramento Hacker Lab. It is not intended to be an advanced woodworking or project class.
Intro to Woodshop, Part 2, is a two hour safety and tool use class designed to get you up to speed quickly. We will first cover the basics in the classroom focusing on safety and accuracy. Then you will be hands on working directly with the various saws and tools, including the Bandsaw, Joiner/Planer, Thickness Planer, and Circular Saws.
- Starts with a safety orientation and introduction to safety features of the tools available.
- Then participants will get down to using each of the tools in the wood shop.
- Use and safe operation of the Bandsaw, Joiner/Planer, Thickness Planer, and Circular Saws.
- Participants will know how to inspect a tool for defects, how to safely change blades, how to adjust the saw to maximize cutting accuracy, and will see demonstrations of safest methods for using Hacker Lab's woodworking equipment.
- Bandsaw - Grizzly Delux 14" Upright
- Thickness Planer - 13"
- Circular Saws ***
Please make sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early and sign our general release of liability agreement. Classes with 2 or fewer students signed up may be cancelled and students asked to re-enroll in the next class.
This class is part of our Makerspace Training and is a required class for anyone wishing to use the woodshop power tools at the Sacramento Hacker Lab.