CANCELLED: 1on1 w/Ryan - 3D Printing
How It WorksSchedule your 1-on-1 session to learn how to use our equipment and get Hacker Lab certified!
Open to all Hacker Lab members, you can now sign up for your own one-on-one session with Hacker Lab instructor Shane. When selecting your ticket, simply choose which class you'd like to cover. Ryan can teach you:
- Intro to 3D printer usage and operation
See below for the overviews of what each class covers:
3D Printer use and Basic Operation:This class targets the safety and basic use of Hacker Lab's 3D printers, and is required prior to using the Lulzbot Taz or Monoprice printers.
Ideal for rapid prototyping, art, and one-off designs, 3D printing has widely grown from a technique only available to large corporations, to being an essential tool for innovative companies and DiYers alike.
This course teaches the toolchain for printing a 3D model, as well as a subset of the various parameters available to you. Please note however, this class does not cover 3D CAD or Modeling itself, but it will cover the slicer program Cura. If you would like to explore modeling, consider taking our Fusion 360 Basics for 3D Printing online class.
- Online services for 3D printing
- Available CAD training
- Use of the Cura slicing program for gcode creation
- Operation of the Ultimaker 2
- Minor setup and maintenance
- Use of the Monoprice 3D printers
- Use of the Tazbot 6 3D printers
- Leveling the bed
- The SD card and menu
- Launching a print
- Watching for errors
- Removing your print
- Unclogging the extruder
- MP Select Mini 3D Printer - SAC
- Lulzbot TAZ 6 3D Printer - SAC
Important Information:For all Classes:
- Please make sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early and sign our general release of liability agreement.
- While we have some PPE available, you MUST bring your own mask (N95 or greater), and we suggest you bring your own safety glasses. Masks must be worn correctly while inside the facility.
- Please wear shop-appropriate clothing: long pants, close-toed shoes, no loose or dangling jewelry, and tie back long hair.
- Do not come into the Lab if you have a cough, fever, or feel sick in the past 14 days.