Webdev 101: Websites Basics for Business
How to set up a basic website for your small business, passion project or personal blog.
In this class, we will review all of the popular options (i.e. SquareSpace site builder, Wordpress with Theme or Site Builder) for quickly setting up a basic website with ZERO coding experience.
This class is perfect for the entrepreneur working on their next passion project, the Sole Proprietor who needs a business website, the hobbyist looking to start a blog or that person wanting to build a resume site to really shine in the interview process! We’ll also cover setting up that coveted custom-branded email address to make you look super professional!
This class will be held online via Zoom, and cover:
- Introduction (about myself and Nye-Zik Creative)
- Website, Domain and Hosting Overview
- Branded Email Address with Email Server Provider Options
- DIY Website Options (ZERO Coding/Least Technical Options)
- Setting up SSL/Testing to see if you have SSL and why it’s important
- Setting up analytics and understanding how to review your website traffic
- Organize and safely store passwords
- Creating a Technical Website Brief and why it’s important
- Preventative Maintenance (ways to stay on top of your site’s maintenance)
- Hands-on Workshop (let’s register your domain, set up your hosting/site builder and set up an email account)
- This class will be held online via Zoom. The Zoom link should be included in your ticket confirmation, if it is not, please contact [email protected].
- We strongly suggest that you join with a computer/laptop with a large screen as opposed to a mobile device.
- Please join with video and mic enabled, no one likes lecturing to a blank screen.
- Please be on-time.