CANCELLED: SAC-202: Industrial Strength 3D Printing with the Markforged
What You'll Learn
The MarkTwo printer allows you to embed a continuous strand of high stiffness, high tensile strength, low weight carbon fiber filament in a super strong matrix material called Onyx. Onyx is a proprietary mixture that contains chopped carbon fiber and it is 1.4 times stronger than ABS. Together carbon fiber filament and Onyx matrix parts approach the strength of aluminum!
- This class will cover everything you need to know from “how to install the software” to “how to remove the carbon fiber part from print print bed”. I will show you how easy it is to view each layer and change the printing characteristics of each layer so you can optimize the functionality of the printed part. We will talk about where and how to embed the carbon fiber filament and how to print the Onyx matrix. I will show you how to automatically pause printing so mechanical parts such as bearings, bushings, and threaded components can be embedded in your 3D part. Finally, I will teach you how to make super strong carbon fiber 3D prints while only paying for the carbon fiber and onyx that you actually use.
- Usage of the Markforged Mark II Printer
- Safety for use of the Markforged Mark II Printer
- Policies for using the Markforget Mark II Printer
Students are required to take Intro to 3D Printing prior to taking this class, Industrial Strength 3D Printing with the Markforged. Familiarity with 3D modelling software would be helpful for future use of the Markforged and other 3D printers. This is not a class for beginners.
Rules for using the Mark Two printer:
(1) John Sonderegger must be present,
(2) you must pay for your materials before pressing Print, and
(3) you must have taken this class.
There must be at least 2 students in the class or it will be rescheduled.