Sac Dev Collective Presents: Progressive Game Jam 7
PGJ7 (the abbreviated season) will be a one month long game jam through the month of August. A kick-off meeting is scheduled on July 29th starting at 5:00pm and will allow individuals to pitch their ideas, form teams, and get a head-start on the process. Beginning August 1st, teams should be ready to start developing. There will be two in-person/online meetups, one on the first Saturday of the month (Aug. 7) and the other on the last Saturday of the month (Aug. 28.) We will utilize these meetings to help the teams kick-off their development cycle and to demo their games in a open forum at the end of the month.
What is a Progressive Game Jam?The Progressive Game Jam is an extended game development project that is designed to simulate a real-world industry game development project. It is formatted as a game jam where individuals pitch ideas, form teams, and build their own game project within given constraints. Yet it also has industry style components including an Executive Producer role, structured development methodologies such as SCRUM, and product reviews and metrics.
- Be part of a development team
- Learn game development techniques
- Learn game development methodologies
- Learn to develop to standards and metrics
- Learn to promote and market your product
- Online team collaboration and mentoring using Slack
- Veterans and industry experts available to answer questions
- Opportunities to demo your game and get feedback
- Opportunity to showcase your game at the annual showcase event