1on1 w/John - Shopbot
How It WorksSchedule your 1-on-1 session to learn how to use our equipment and get Hacker Lab certified!
Open to all Hacker Lab members, you can now sign up for your own one-on-one session with Hacker Lab instructor John. When selecting your ticket, simply choose which class you'd like to cover. John can teach you:
See below for an overview of what the class covers:
Intro to Shopbot:This class is an intensive preparation for Hacker Lab members wishing to use the ShopBot (CNC router) and for non-members who wish to learn more about ShopBot.
- Various bits available and their use
- Basic cutting & engraving
- Setup & settings required for the ShopBot
- Basic software tool chain for creating and running a tool path
- Shopbot PRS Alpha CNC Router
Important Information:For all Classes:
- Please make sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early and sign our general release of liability agreement.
- While we have some PPE available, you MUST bring your own mask (N95 or greater), and we suggest you bring your own safety glasses. Masks must be worn correctly while inside the facility.
- Please wear shop-appropriate clothing: long pants, close-toed shoes, no loose or dangling jewelry, and tie back long hair. What you wear will likely get dirty.
- Do not come into the Lab if you have a cough, fever, or feel sick in the past 14 days.