30-day Cybersecurity Challenge: Week 1 Recap
The 30-day security challenge was developed by Shannon Morse of Hak5 acclaim. It’s a comprehensive overview of basic cybersecurity hygiene for the average person. This class serves as a ‘support group’ for anyone that wants to take the security challenge. We have weekly touchpoints on Mondays and interactive walkthroughs on Saturdays.
In the class, we will discuss:
- Secure and insecure wifi configurations
- Important topics from the support forum this week
- Security/privacy considerations of the main browsers (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, etc…) and their extensions
- Best practices to avoid being scammed on the Internet
- Privacy considerations for messaging and other apps
- The wonders of backups and the definition of ‘zero knowledge’
- Password managers and best practices
- Two-factor or multi-factor authentication
For more information on what this course will cover, follow this link to view the Syllabus.
- Watch the videos for Day 8, Day 9, Day 10, Day 11, Day 12, Day 13, Day 14, and Day 15.
- This class will be held online via Zoom. After signing up, you will receive a personalized Zoom invite via email.
- The class works best with interactive student participation - please attend the Zoom session with a Microphone and Webcam enabled.
- This class is part ofthe 30 day security challenge series. You can take courses individually, however we highly suggest to attend all sessions in order if possible.
- Consider joining the Discord channel for the 30-Day Cybersecurity Challenge here.