Webdev 102: Intro To HTML/CSS: Building a single file single page website using a simple text editor
This class is a very basic entry level look at HTML and CSS.
It is targeted towards those who want to explore how websites actually work, with a goal of creating/editing/designing their own in the future, but who have little to no experience with programming or web development.
If your goal is to simply have a website for your business, portfolio, or blog, consider taking Webdev 101 instead, or as a precursor to this.
HTML & CSS are the findamental languages used for typesetting, arranging, and styling webpages; a basic understanding of these languages is an important first step towrds designing & building your own websites.
We will build a single file / single page website which will include a head section with embedded CSS styles and a body section with header, content, and footer areas. We will build all of this using the default system text editor (i.e. notepad, text editor, etc.) on a single file saved on the desktop to open in any browser. After this class you will be able to set up a single file, single page website using custom HTML/CSS and view it in any web browser.
This class will be held online via Zoom, and cover:
- Short Introduction / Review
- Intro to HTML/CSS
- Intro to Web Browser for Development
- Basic Website Structure:
- Head section
- Body container
- Header area
- Content area
- Footer area
- Build a Single File / Single Page Website using the Default Text Editor
- This class will be held online via Zoom. The Zoom link should be included in your ticket confirmation, if it is not, please contact [email protected].
- We strongly suggest that you join with a computer/laptop with a large screen as opposed to a mobile device, as you may be asked to participate by creating documents in a text editor.
- Please join with video and mic enabled, no one likes lecturing to a blank screen.
- Please be on-time.