CANCELLED: SAC-100: Intro To Electronics with Arduino
What You'll Learn
Arduino is an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on easy-to-use hardware and software. It's intended for artists, designers, hobbyists, and anyone interested in creating interactive projects.
In this hands-on 3 hour workshop we’ll learn how to program our microcontrollers using the Arduino programming language and the Arduino development environment. We’ll incorporate sensors and actuators to our electronic projects such as the sound sensor, light sensor, temperature sensor, buzzer, LEDs, buttons, and motors!
Each student will walk away with their own Arduino board as well as confidence and inspiration to build a Maker project on their own. Ages 12 and up welcome.
- Learn the basics of Arduino programming
- Analog and digital I/O and the basics of using a microcontroller
- Build circuits that utilize sensors and output devices that allow the microcontroller to react to its environment
- How to use the Arduino open source community to get help with their own Projects
- Basic Electronics
- Beginning Coding for Electronics
Each student will receive their own Arduino board to take home.
Students should bring their own laptop computers. There are a few that students can use at Hacker Lab, using your own is strongly preferred.
Please download the Arduino IDE before arriving. You can get a free copy at: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software