Portraiture and Modeling Studio Lighting - SACPVA002
This course will provide an understanding of lighting techniques for portraiture and modeling regarding the positioning of lights and the model. What We Will Cover:
- Lighting & Camera Concepts
- Strobes vs. continuous tone lights
- Hard Light vs Soft Light
- Controlling shadows and contrast
- Positioning of the model
- Head shots (Butterfly, Rembrandt etc.)
- 1⁄2 shots
- 3⁄4 shots
- Full length
- Light and Model Positioning
- Lighting to Enhance Shape, Form and Texture
- Positioning to avoid asymmetry and unflattering head and body shapes
What to Bring
No camera required, but you may bring one if you desire.
This will be mostly lecture and demonstration, but if there is time you explore techniques with your camera.
PLEASE BE AWARE: Intro to Phot Studio Lighting is a required prerequisite for this course.