30-day Cybersecurity Challenge: Final Recap
The 30-day security challenge was developed by Shannon Morse of Hak5 acclaim. It’s a comprehensive overview of basic cybersecurity hygiene for the average person. This class serves as a ‘support group’ for anyone that wants to take the security challenge. We have weekly touchpoints on Mondays and interactive walkthroughs on Saturdays. Today’s topic is securing your home wifi configuration.
The bulk of the session will be discussing issues that people experienced applying the principles from week four. We will discuss:
- Secure and insecure home wifi configurations
- Anything you ever wanted to know about VPN
- Privacy and security best practices
- Learning more / staying current on security technology
- Getting into the field of Information Security
For more information on what this course will cover, follow this link to view the Syllabus.
- This class will be held online via Zoom. After signing up, you will receive a personalized Zoom invite via email.
- The class works best with interactive student participation - please attend the Zoom session with a Microphone and Webcam enabled.
- This class is part of the 30 day security challenge series. You can take courses individually, however we highly suggest to attend all sessions in order if possible.
- Consider joining the Discord channel for the 30-Day Cybersecurity Challenge here.